Facebook is undoubtedly the largest social media platform with approximately 2.9 billion monthly active users as Facebook is getting more and more crowded with new users, the demand for many features getting higher.
Over the past few years, Facebook had introduced many new features to users concerning their privacy. In 2017, Facebook introduced with Profile Lock system, where a user can lock their profile, as a result, non-friend users can not view any profile picture or other information on the profile. But if you still wish to see a locked profile picture then this tutorial will teach you how to see a locked profile picture on Facebook.
There is more than one way to see a locked profile picture on Facebook. In this tutorial, we will see some ways to see a profile picture as well as other posts of a locked profile on Facebook.
Easy Ways To See a Locked Profile Picture on Facebook
It is sometimes frustrating that even a public profile picture can’t be viewed when the profile is locked. So using some tricks we can easily view as well as download the targeted locked profile picture.
We can use a computer or mobile to apply these methods to see a locked profile picture on Facebook. such as using mbasic Facebook, an online tool helper, searching photos with the profile name through the Facebook website, etc. But some of the methods can only be done by using a computer such as using a webpage source on developer tools of the browser. Here are some easy ways to see a locked profile picture on Facebook that are discussed and shown step by step.
1. Use free online tools to see a locked profile picture on Facebook
There are several online tools to let you see any locked profile picture as well as download it. These online tools are free to use and easily usable. Most of the websites will only require the targeted locked Facebook profile id or profile link from the browser. You can easily collect the profile URL link of the targeted profile from the browser tab’s URL section and paste the link on those online tool provider websites.
First Google “Download photo from locked Facebook online tool”. Then Google will show several online free tools for you to download. Click any preferable online tool website and paste the targeted profile ID link on their website and it will show you the download option.
2. Use any browser to see a locked profile picture on Facebook
You can easily view the profile picture of a locked profile on Facebook by using any browser on a computer or mobile. If you use the Facebook app, then you can get the profile link from the targeted locked profile and use it on the browser tab to access the profile picture.
For this method to work you need to browse Facebook’s mbasic version to see the locked profile picture. This method can be done from both the computer and mobile.
Using the browser on a computer
1. Go to Facebook and search for the targeted locked profile. Change the “www” or “m” to “mbasic” and hit enter to load the mbasic version of Facebook. For a better understanding see the image below.
2. After loading the mbasic version of Facebook, simply click the profile picture and open image in a new tab. Now you can download it from the browser.
Using the browser on a mobile
1. Many users use the Facebook mobile app or Facebook lite. You can easily get the link from the app version. Search the targeted locked profile and click the three-dot icon to generate the profile link and copy it.
2. Open any browser and paste the link into the URL section and replace the “www” or “m” with “mbasic” on the link and hit enter.
3. After loading the mbasic version of Facebook on a mobile browser, click on the profile picture and long press to see the download option.
3. Use the ‘photos of’ on the Facebook search to see a locked profile’s content
Now, this might be a method to apply easily within the Facebook app or website, but it is not known to all. To see some related content of a locked profile picture, you can use “Photos of + profile name” method on the search box Facebook. This might not give you an accurate result or the content you’re searching for. Probably some tagged post or picture or public group post of the targeted locked profile may show up on the result. But eventually, you may give it a shot to see related posts, pictures, or any other content that the locked profile ID has on Facebook.
To apply this method follow these steps on both the computer web version and the Facebook app
1. Open Facebook on a web browser or the Facebook app with your account.
2. Click on the search bar or icon and type Photos of <Profile name>. In the <profile name> tag use the locked profile ID name to view the ID content.
3. The result will show the public posts or details that the user had shared or been tagged with. click through All the options on the Filter sidebar.
You can also do it from the Facebook app and the results will be shown the same. This method can not give you 100% results or probably no results at all. But If the ID has some public content tagged or group posts you view those content or any public details the profile has can be viewed.
4. Add a friend of the targeted locked profile ID on Facebook
The most convenient way to see the locked profile’s all posts and photos is to become a friend with him/her on Facebook. If this doesn’t work then add any friend who is friends with the targeted locked profile on Facebook. In this way, you might be able to see the photos of the targeted profile that his/her friend might have tagged in.
This will let you see the targeted profile’s mutual content that the friend you added has shared or tagged with.
5. Use Browser’s developer tools to see the locked profile picture on Facebook
This is a method that can be done easily with the help of browser developer tools. You need a computer to use the developer tools of a browser. Almost every browser has the developer tools option built-in on it. Here, we will see how to open the Google chrome developer tools and use them to see as well as download someone’s locked profile picture on Facebook.
How to open developer tools on the Google Chrome
1. To access the developer tools on chrome you need to click on the three-dot icon on the top right corner and take your cursor to the More tools option and then click the developer tools option to open it.
After clicking the option it will show the developer tools option like the picture below.
2. You can also simply click the f12 button to directly open the developer tool which is supported on almost every browser. After opening it, use it to view and download the locked profile picture.
How to use developer tools to view and download the locked profile picture on Facebook
1. First, open Facebook and search for the targeted ID and load the locked Facebook profile. You need to stay on the locked profile’s webpage while using developer tools.
2. Open the developer tools option like above. Find the Source option from the heading options if you can’t see it then click on the “>>” icon to see it.
3. Here in the page section you’ll see some folders of source pictures of the webpage. click on these folders one by one and you’ll see some pictures that are loaded on the webpage you’re currently on, eventually run through those pictures one by one and you’ll find the profile picture viewed on the view section beside.
4. Take the cursor to the picture then right-click on the mouse and you’ll find the Open in new tab option, click on it to download the profile picture.
This may not be an easy method to view the profile picture, because you have to run through all pictures the source has. Eventually, you’ll find the locked profile picture and view it. Do not change anything from the developer tools on your browser.
These are some of the easiest and most convenient ways you can find for viewing a locked profile picture on Facebook. If you face any issues during following one of these methods drop a comment below.