Facebook is one of the most popular social platforms with around 2.9 billion monthly active users. Facebook is now can be used for sharing feeds, connecting with friends, chatting, video calls, watching videos together, marketing, etc. It has an amazing messaging app called Messenger. The Messenger app lets you message your Facebook friends.
Messenger is very easy to use with some rich features though we face some issues. If you see something like This person is unavailable on Messenger while messaging someone, there can be several causes that can be also solved in some cases.
In this tutorial, we’ll see how to fix messenger’s unavailability or a messenger account unavailable or disable or unavailable to send messages on messenger.
What is “This person is unavailable on Messenger”?
What does “This person is unavailable on Messenger” mean? When this unavailable error message on Messenger occurs, The user can not receive your message. In some cases, the profile details of that messenger user unavailable on Messenger vanish from Facebook.
There can be several reasons for a person to be unavailable on messenger. Some of them are specified down below.
Reason for showing This person is unavailable on Messenger
1. The user has left his ID in the delete option and it is currently awaiting deletion: If a user deletes their account, the Messenger app may display the “This person is unavailable on Messenger” message. This occurs because the account remains in a pending state, allowing the user to reconsider their decision. After 30 days, the account and all the information will be permanently deleted, and the user won’t be able to retrieve the information. During this pending period, you will be unable to send messages or view the profile of the user in question.
2. The ID is banned from Facebook: Facebook authority often deletes/removes/disables some accounts for security purposes. If anyone violates their rules, by pretending to be someone, Facebook removes the account. If Facebook removes or disables any account the user details will vanish and he/she can not receive any message on Messenger. See how can suspended account can be fixed- We Suspended Your Account Facebook 2023 – How To Fix
3. The user deactivated his/her account: If a user decides to deactivate their account either for privacy reasons or just to take a break from social media platforms, their account will no longer exist on Facebook. However, their name will still be visible on Messenger, but messaging them won’t be possible, resulting in the ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger’ error. But there is an option for receiving messages even while deactivating if the user turns that option on when deactivating.
4. The user may have blocked you or vice versa: If you’re unable to message a Facebook user due to a block, it may be due to the user’s privacy settings. Similarly, if you’ve blocked a user, you’ll be unable to message them or access their profile. To resolve this issue, it’s important to understand how to unblock a user on Facebook or Messenger. It’s worth noting that even if a user is blocked, their name may still appear in Messenger, making the fourth point somewhat redundant.
5. Privacy Reason: when viewing a user profile on Facebook, it is possible to encounter restrictions preventing messaging or calling. This may be accompanied by a message such as “This person is not available on messenger/Facebook” or something like this. These limitations are appearing because of the user’s privacy settings, which can restrict incoming texts or calls from others. Verified users, who receive a higher volume of messages on Messenger, may have access to additional privacy features like this.
6. If the user doesn’t have messenger installed on his/her phone: If the user you’re trying to message or call, this issue may appear sometimes when the user doesn’t have the Messenger app installed on the phone.
7. Facebook server error or Internet problem: In some cases, due to an error on Facebook’s end this issue may appear. If the Facebook server gets down then every user may face a such error on messenger. This also may be true for the user end. If the user has an internet problem, this error may appear.
How to fix this person is unavailable on messenger issue
All the possibilities of appearing this issue have been discussed above and most of the users are unable to fix the issue. But if you see that, you can message the user from Facebook or the web then the issue may lie with the Messenger app. Eventually, you can try these solutions:
1. Try clearing the cache and memory of the Messenger app: To do this go to phone settings open all apps and find out the messenger app and clear your cache. If you find this task hard then uninstall and install the Messenger app again.
2. Move the user to the archive or spam: Sometimes moving the user to the archive or applying the ignore message can solve the issue. After ignoring the user you’ll find his/her account in your spam inbox and after archiving the user profile will stay in your archive message box. Find his/her account from there and message him/her again to see the result.
3. Report to Facebook: If this and all the method still hasn’t solved the issue then. It may be a troubleshooting issue. Try these troubleshooting tips from Facebook:
After completing the steps above if your friend still can’t message you, use the problem report link to let Facebook know about your issue:
This may help solve the issue you’re facing on Messenger.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What does it mean when it says this person isn’t receiving messages right now?
The most probable reason is that the person has deactivated his/her account. Check the above-stated reasons.
- What does it mean when it says this person isn’t receiving calls right now?
This may happen due to the user not having messenger anymore or using Facebook lite.
- How to know if someone has blocked you from messenger?
If someone blocks you, you can see their messages in shared groups or rooms, and you can still see their profile photo, but you will not receive messages or calls from their account. see the point 4 to more details.
- What does it mean when you can’t message someone on messenger?
You may have been blocked by the user or this person is not available right now.
- What does a deactivated Messenger account look like?
Look for the message “This Content Isn’t Available Right Now” or similar, accompanied by a gray placeholder icon in place of their profile picture in Messenger. If you encounter this, the user has likely deactivated their account, or it may have been deleted by Facebook.
- Other people see my account isn’t available on Messenger – how to fix that?
This is likely to be a Messenger app issue. The solution has been given above on how to fix this app issue.
- Why can’t I receive any message from my Facebook friend even though my account is not disabled?
This likely happened due to a ban from Facebook. See the above reason and solution to fix it.
- How to report Messenger issues to Facebook?
Facebook help center has a solution to messenger issues. To report to Facebook see the above solution and follow the provided link above.
- What is the difference between a blocked and deactivated Facebook account?
The deactivated Facebook account’s profile picture and messages in the shared group can’t be seen but the blocked account can be seen
- Does the profile picture disappear when blocked on Messenger?
No, the blocked account’s profile picture as well as messages can still be seen on Messenger.
People may also search for:
- This person is unavailable on messenger but active
- This person is unavailable on messenger but not blocked
- This person is unavailable on messenger but can see the profile picture
- This person is not available on the messenger
- How to recover a message unavailable in the messenger
The solution is the same for all the problems stated here.
In this tutorial, you’ve learned the possible reasons for “This person is unavailable on Messenger” and the solution to how to fix this issue.
If you still having trouble regarding this issue feel free to comment below and let us know the specific problem you’re facing.